We've seen what's coming in 2012 at ATI/GSG. Well, for 2011, they've got the JUST RIGHT (JR) Carbine in 9mm, .40S&W, and soon in .45acp. The 9mm and .40S&W models will retail for $599, however, the price for the .45acp model is yet to be determined. The carbine has modern features that make it practical in today's world. It has 4 sided picatinny rail handguards and many of the components are interchangeable with AR style rifles, such as the pistolgrip and buttstock. However, the best part of this carbine is that it uses GLOCK magazines!
JR Carbine works on the blowback action, the bolt handle and ejection can be switched to either side of the receiver by the operator for a custom fit. The barel is of the "Tri-Flatted Barrel Design" which according to the company offers stability and efficient cooling. In 2010, Officer.com awared it winner of the INNOVATION AWARDS. It said that it can be easily converted to use other pistol magazines such as Beretta, SIG, XD, and S&W. It also mentions conversion kits for different calibers including .22LR.
The JUST RIGHT Carbine is built by Just Right Carbines LLC (JRC). It's a relatively new company that started in 2009, and this is their first product. The JR Carbine project began in March 2009 with the goal to build a simple, reliable, and flexible carbine using common pistol calibers and magazines. It took less than a year to go from prototype to production, quite a feat in the firearms industry.
- Caliber 9MM, 40S&W and 45ACP
- Ambidextrous (bolt charging handle and ejector/ejection port)
- Glock magazine included, easily converts to other popular pistol magazines
- Simple and reliable blowback operation
- Lightweight 16 1/4" tri-flatted barrel design for stability and cooling during rapid fire, Tri-flatted barrel made by O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc.
- Receiver is made of aerospace grade 6061 aluminum
- Grip and butt stock made of polymer (standard AR15)
- Utilizes standard M4/AR15 furniture & trigger components
- Overall length: butt stock extended 33 1/2 inches, collapsed 30 1/4 inches
- All AR15 accessories are compatible with flat top receiver & quad rail forend
- Made in U.S.A.